You can often run into this kind of issue if you do not have the most recent edition of Norton Anti-virus installed on your device. You receive the message that Norton’s browser extension cannot interact with the security program properly. You can try some of the ways mentioned below to fix this error.
Configuring the Live upgrades
- You can open the Norton Anti-virus program, after that you can open my Norton window that you see besides the device security tab.
- You will now see an option called live updates, you can click on it and install the live updates available.
- Wait for a few minutes, it could take a moment before it finishes configuring the live updates, once it is done, you can close all the other application that is running and choose to restart the system, verify after the restart if the issue has been resolved, if not proceed to the next method.
Eliminate the extension by yourself
You might be using many different browsers, based on that, follow the instructions below
- Open the browser and you will see the open menu option on the top right side of your screen, further, you can click on the add-ons option.
- You will see the extensions tab and there you can choose Norton extension and choose to delete it.
- Open the Safari browser. Select the preferences option from the menu.
- You can see the extensions option, choose the Norton extension, further, you can proceed to uninstall
- Open the Chrome browser and from the customize Google Chrome option you can choose more tools option and then you will see an option called extensions, click on it.
- You can further select the Norton extension and click the trash image you see as a small button.
- You can eliminate many other extensions using this step and choose the remove option to free your system of the extensions.
Reconfiguring the extension in the browser
- Open the Norton anti-virus program, you will be able to see the front main window, choose the option safe web from the settings menu.
- You will see a blue curved arrow, a small icon, you can click on that to run the extension page in the browser, further, you can follow the display screen guidelines to configure the extensions.
Get in touch with us
If by trying all the above methods you could not figure out how to get rid of this error then please feel free to get in contact with our customer support, you can just place a call to our customer support, our team of highly trained specialists can guide you with easy step by step instructions you can understand, our customer support is available 24/7.
Robert Williams is a self-professed security expert; he has been making the people aware of the security threats. His passion is to write about Cybersecurity, malware, social engineering, Games,internet and new media. He writes for norton products at norton.com/setup or www.norton.com/setup .